Iced Strawberry and Coconut Smoothie
Makes 1.4 litres
Preparation 10 minutes plus 3 hours freezing
- 600g Jubliee Selections by Driscoll’s® strawberries, hulled
- 500ml coconut water
- 1 litre carton coconut milk or soya milk
- Handful of basil leaves for garish
YOU WILL NEED TWO ICE CUBE TRAYS
- Quarter or chop 200g of the strawberries and sit them in the ice cube trays then pour over coconut water to cover each strawberry. Sit the tray in the freezer and leave for about 2-3 hours or until frozen.
- Add the remaining strawberries to the jug of a liquidiser pour in the coconut milk and blitz until smooth. Pour into a large serving jug and chill if wish. Serve in cold glasses with a couple of strawberry ice cubes and garnish with basil leaves to serve. Top up jug or glasses with more strawberry ice cubes as needed.
Cook’s tip: You can drink this as soon as it is made or chilli it first. As it sits in the fridge it will naturally separate so give it a good stir before serving