Strawberry Lemonade with Berry Ice Cubes
Preparation time - 20 mins
Cook time - 5 mins
Make a batch of homemade lemonade and flavour with fresh strawberry puree for a perfectly refreshing summer drink. Make your lemonade even cooler with simple berry ice cubes. Not only do they look great but as the ice melts the berries infuse the lemonade with even more flavour.
- 400g Jubliee Selection Strawberries, divided
- 150g Berries (blackberries, blueberries and/or raspberries)
- 200g sugar
- 1400ml cold water
- 400ml fresh lemon juice
- Trim and core strawberries. Cut 3 strawberries into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Puree remaining strawberries in a food processor or blender. Strain puree through a fine-mesh sieve to remove seeds.
- Place 1 to 3 berries in each cube in ice cube tray. Pour water over and freeze until solid.
- Meanwhile, bring sugar and 200ml water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce to a simmer and cook until sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
- Combine sugar syrup, remaining cold water, lemon juice, and strawberry puree in a large pitcher. Stir to combine. Add ice cubes and serve immediately.
Note: For picture perfect ice cubes, fill only halfway with water after adding berries and freeze until solid. Remove from freezer, add water to fill and freeze until solid. This will position the berry in the centre of the ice cube (great for pictures but unnecessary for flavour!).