Artichoke, Watercress and Strawberry Risotto with Lemon Thyme
Preparation 25 minutes
Cooks in 40 minutes
- 40g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 350g arborio risotto rice
- 150ml white wine
- juice of 1 lemon 1 litre hot chicken stock (or vegetable stock of making a vegetarian dish) large handful watercress
- 1 x 400g tin artichoke hearts
- large handful lemon thyme, leaves only
- 2 tbsp parmesan shavings
- 100g Jubilee Selections strawberries, hulled and sliced into quarters
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt half the butter in a wide, shallow pan, add the garlic and rice and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the wine and lemon juice, bring up to a simmer for a few minutes until evaporated. Add a ladleful of hot stock and simmer until most of the stock has been absorbed, then continue adding the stock, a ladleful at a time until all the stock has been used.
- Add the artichoke hearts and cook for a further 2 minutes. When the rice is tender, stir in the watercress, lemon thyme leaves, the remaining butter, parmesan and season to taste.
- Just before serving, stir in the strawberries and enjoy!