Griddled Salmon with Strawberry Relish
Preparation 15 minutes
Cooks in 20 minutes
- 400g punnet of Jubilee Selections by Driscoll’s® strawberries
- 80g carton pomegranate seeds
- Half side of salmon, about 800g cut into 4 even pieces or 4 salmon fillets, skin on
- About 2 tbsp olive oil
- Few basil leaves for garnish
- Wild rocket to serve (optional)
For the Jubilee Selections strawberry salsa
- 400g punnet of Driscoll’s® Jubilee Selections strawberries, hulled and chopped (reserve four intact with leaf for garnish)
- 1 cucumber, trimmed and sliced lengthways, seeds removed with a teaspoon then halved lengthways again and sliced
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
- First make the salsa; add the strawberries and cucumber to a bowl then add the oil, chilli flakes and mint and stir well then season and stir again. Put to one side.
- Now add the strawberries and pomegranates to a food processor and blitz until smooth then pour the mixture through a sieve into a bowl and push it through using the back of a spoon. Pour the sieved juice into a small pan and heat on hot for a few minutes until it reduces a little, remove from heat and put to one side.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the salmon, season well with sea salt and plenty of freshly grated black pepper. Heat a griddle pan until hot then add the salmon pieces skin side down. (Do this in two batches if pan overcrowded) cook undisturbed for about 3-4 mins, or until they come away from the pan base with ease. Turn and cook the other side for about the same time (depending on thickness you may need more or less time) or until opaque and cooked through. Transfer salmon pieces to serving plates, add some salsa to the plate and spoon the dressing over the salmon (if it needs reheating do so) Top with basil leaves to garnish and serve with a handful of wild rocket if using.
Cook’s tip: If you prefer to roast the salmon; preheat oven to gas 5/190C (170C in a fan oven) sit the salmon in a roasting tin, drizzle over olive oil, season well and cook in oven for about 20 mins or until salmon is cooked through and opaque.