Halloumi, Courgette & Strawberry Skewers
Makes 12 medium skewers
Preparation 20 minutes
Cooks in 15 minutes
- 400g punnet of Jubilee Selections by Driscoll’s® strawberries, hulled
- 2 courgettes, trimmed and peeled using a T-peeler
- 250g pack halloumi, cut into bite sized cubes
- Generous drizzle of olive oil
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped (leave some for garnish)
You will need some medium length wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 mins or use metal ones if preferred
- First make the dressing; mix all the ingredients together, season well, taste and adjust as needed. Put to one side.
- Now thread a strawberry, courgette and halloumi onto a skewer then repeat, continuing to thread the skewers until all ingredients used. Sit them in a shallow dish and drizzle over the olive oil, turning the skewers so all gets coated and season well.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot then add a few skewers at a time, careful to not overcrowd the pan. Cook for about a minute or until halloumi starts to turn golden then turn and cook the other side. When all cooked arrange on a platter and drizzle over the mint dressing. Fabulous served with a glass of cold Rosé.
Cook’s tip: These are best eaten hot from the griddle