Spicy Cumin Chicken with Strawberry Coulis
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
A chunky strawberry sauce with green onions and coriander cilantro is a refreshing topping to chicken flavoured with warm spices like cumin and coriander.
- 225g Jubilee Strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- 2 Tablespoons sliced spring onions
- 2 Tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1Pinch sugar
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 ground cumin
- 1/2 ground coriander
- 1/2 dried oregano
- 1/2 salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- Heat butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken seasoned side down. Sprinkle remaining seasoning evenly over chicken. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Place chicken on serving plates and spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons sauce over each breast.
- Combine strawberries, green onion, coriander and sugar in a blender or food processor. Pulse briefly to make a slightly chunky sauce. Set aside at room temperature until ready to serve.
- Flatten chicken to 3/4-inch thickness, using palm of hand or a meat mallet.
- Combine coriander, cumin, oregano, salt and cayenne in a small cup or bowl. Sprinkle half spice mixture over one side of chicken breasts.