Strawberry Basil Salsa
Serves 4 to 6
Preparation time - 15 mins
This strawberry salsa is a perfect accompaniment to grilled meats or fish. Strawberries give it a sweet note while basil and shallots make it assertive enough to be part of a satisfying meal. It's best the day it's made but you could prep ingredients separately one day ahead of time.
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 salt
- 2 Tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 Tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 400g Jubilee Selections strawberries
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Whisk together lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in shallot and basil. Hull strawberries and chop. Add to lemon juice mixture and stir until evenly blended.