Strawberry, Tomato & Basil Bruschetta
Makes 8 slices
Preparation 15 minutes
Cooks in 5 minutes
- Sourdough, or other crusty bread, cut into 8 slices 1cm thick
- 200g Jubilee Selections Strawberries, chopped into small pieces
- 100g cherry or pomodorino tomatoes, quartered
- a handful of basil leaves, larger leaves roughly torn
- 3 tbsp ex-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced in half
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- Drizzle the slices of bread with olive oil and toast on both sides in a hot griddle pan. Remove from the pan and lightly rub with the cut garlic cloves and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Divide the strawberries and tomatoes on top, then add a few basil leaves. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and season with some salt and pepper before serving.