Strawberries with Shortbread Rounds and Mascarpone
Preparation 30 minutes
Do ahead: the mascarpone filling can be made several hours ahead
- 200g mascarpone
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 1/2 vanilla pod, seeds removed
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 200g-250g fresh Jubilee Selections strawberries, hulled and sliced horizontally
- zest of 1/2 small lemon or orange
- 1 x small pack of shortbread rounds (I used 1 x 160g Lemon shortbread thins)
- Add the lemon or orange zest to the strawberries and carefully stir this through. In a bowl, mix together the mascarpone, cream, vanilla seeds and icing sugar.
- Place 6 shortbread rounds on a board and arrange a layer of sliced strawberries on top. Then using a teaspoon divide the mascarpone cream between each one, followed by another layer of strawberries. Finish with another shortbread round and a dusting of icing sugar.