Strawberry Crème Brûlée
Preparation time - 15 mins
Cook time - 40-45 mins
No need for additional equipment to make our recipe for strawberry crème brûlée. Simply top the baked custard with sliced strawberries and a glaze of caramelized sugar. Plan ahead for this dessert as the custard needs to chill before serving.
- 125ml whole milk
- 125ml single cream
- 60g sugar plus 45g for topping
- 1vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- 12 Jubilee Selections Strawberries, hulled
Preheat oven to 160c/gas mark 3
- Heat milk and cream in microwave or a small saucepan until warm to the touch, 2-3 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks, 60g sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl. Whisk in warm cream.
- Place 6 custard or soufflé cups in a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into dishes.
- Pour very hot water carefully around dishes to about halfway up sides.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until centre feels set to the touch. (Check at 30 minutes). Carefully remove cups from water and cool. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
To serve, slice strawberries and arrange 2 on each custard (this can be done ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve). Just before serving, heat remaining 45g cup sugar in a small heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, tilting pan to melt evenly as sugar liquefies. Once sugar is melted, reduce heat to low and cook until very liquidy and golden-brown. Quickly drizzle 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar mixture over strawberries on top of custards. Serve immediately.