Preparation 20 minutes
Cooks in 15-20 minutes
The strawberries take on a wonderful sweet jammy flavour when heated – topped with a simple crumble mix, this is sublime
- 400g punnet Jubilee Selections by Driscoll’s® strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
- Zest of ½ lemon and juice of 1
- Vanilla ice cream or cream for serving
For the crumble topping
- 125g/4oz plain flour
- 50g/2oz butter, diced
- 50g/2oz golden caster sugar
- Small handful of flaked almonds or pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to gas 5/190C (170C in a fan oven) To make the crumble topping add the flour into a bowl then add the butter and rub it in using your fingertips, don’t rub it in as finely as you would for pastry as you need it a little lumpy to create a crispy topping. Stir through the sugar and put to one side.
- Divide the strawberries up between the ramekins then scatter over the crumble mixture to cover each one. Sit them on a baking tin and put in the oven to bake for about 30 mins until bubbling and golden. Scatter over the nuts for the last 5 mins of cooking if using. Remove from oven and dust with icing sugar, decorate each with a slice of strawberry and serve hot with ice cream or cream.
Cook’s tip: For that amazing hot, cold sensation – serve these hot from the oven with a scoop of good vanilla ice cream