Strawberry & Fig Skewers with Honey and Lavender Cream
Makes 8 Skewers
Preparation 25 minutes
- 24 Jubilee Selections strawberries, hulled but left whole
- 4 figs, trimmed and cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp clear, runny honey
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds, lightly toasted
- 250ml double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp edible unsprayed lavender flowers
- You will also need: 8 x wooden skewers, soaked in water for 10 minutes
- Light the barbecue or preheat the grill of the oven.
- Thread three strawberries and 2 fig quarters alternately onto each skewer and brush with the honey. Set aside whilst you make the cream.
- Grind the lavender flowers to a powder using a pestle and mortar, leaving a few left whole to serve with. Whip the cream until soft peaks form, then fold in the icing sugar and lavender powder.
- Grill the skewers on a hot barbecue or under the pre-heated grill for 2-3 minutes, turning carefully once or twice. Serve with a few flaked almonds and a spoonful of lavender cream.