Strawberry, Lime and Marzipan Croutes
Preparation 15 minutes
Cooks in 25 minutes
- 6 slices of brioche or use brioche buns and slice open
- 175g/6oz marzipan, grated
- 300g Jubilee Selections by Driscoll’s® strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 lime, halved
- Sprinkle of sugar (optional)
- Handful of flaked almonds
- Icing sugar to dust
- Crème fraiche or Greek yoghurt to serve
- Preheat the oven to gas 5/190C (170C in a fan oven) sit the brioche on a baking sheet then evenly scatter over the marzipan.
- Divide the strawberries between each one then squeeze over the lime juice, then sprinkle with sugar if using and almonds. Put in the oven to toast for about 20-25 mins or until the brioche is golden and the topping is bubbling. Remove and dust with icing sugar and serve with a dollop of crème fraiche or Greek yoghurt if you are feeling slightly more virtuous!
Cook’s tip: Drizzle over some kirsch or cherry brandy before cooking if you fancy – ideally after midday